Speech recognition occurring on your iPhoneDo you have many contacts in your iPhone's address book?
Do you have dozens of songs, and as many bookmarks?
Would you like to use a speech recognition tool?
You should add Vocalia to your iPhone!
Speak, and Vocalia will help you quickly find:
- the person or company you need to call or send an email to.
- the artist or group you want to listen to.
- the website you want to visit.
How does Vocalia work?
- Click Vocalia's icon to make "Vocalia's Eye" appear.
- Choose the right mode: Contacts, iPod or Bookmarks.
- Speak the name of the contact, artist or bookmark.
- Vocalia selects the results close to what you pronounced.
- Select the correct number by saying "home", "work"... (Contact Mode), or the song to be played by saying "All songs", or the title of a particular album or song (iPod Mode).
- Uses Julius for multi-locutor speech recognition
- Works currently in English, French, German, Dutch, Italian and Spanish
- Runs entirely on iPhone or iPod touch (as of 2nd generation) without network connection
- Obeys strictly to your voice at every step
- Sends no private information to any unknown and far away servers
- Provides default working phonemic transcriptions for all your contacts, songs and bookmarks
- Shows up to 10 results
- Displays visual effects responding to sound and gravity (a.k.a "Vocalia's Eye").
With Vocalia, you can...
- Define additional vocal shortcuts in addition to the contact name ("My best friend" for "John Doe")
- Split first and last name of your contacts (saying "John" will display all corresponding entries of your address book)
- Set the navigation mode (voice, manual taps or timer)
- Activate Proximity Sensing for better recognition results in noisy environments
- Shake the iPhone to try again
- Activate vibration so that you know when to start speaking
- Import bookmarks from your Mac or PC (click here for more information).