Speech recognition running directly on your iPhone
Do you have many contacts in your iPhone's address book?
Do you have dozens of songs, and as many bookmarks?
Would you like to use a speech recognition tool?
You should add Vocalia to your iPhone!
Speak, and Vocalia will help you quickly find:
- the person or company you need to call or send an email to.
- the artist or group you want to listen to.
- the website you want to visit.
How does Vocalia work?
- Click Vocalia's icon to make "Vocalia's Eye" appear.
- Choose the right mode: Contacts, iPod or Bookmarks.
- Speak the name of the contact, artist or bookmark.
- Vocalia selects the results close to what you pronounced.
- Select the correct number by saying "home", "work"... (Contact Mode), or the song to be played by saying "All songs", or the title of a particular album or song (iPod Mode).
- Uses Julius for multi-locutor speech recognition
- Works currently in English, French, German, Dutch, Italian and Spanish
- Runs entirely on iPhone or iPod touch (as of 2nd generation) without network connection
- Obeys strictly to your voice at every step
- Sends no private information to any unknown and far away servers
- Provides default working phonemic transcriptions for all your contacts, songs and bookmarks
- Shows up to 10 results
- Displays visual effects responding to sound and gravity (a.k.a "Vocalia's Eye").
With Vocalia, you can...
- Define additional vocal shortcuts in addition to the contact name ("My best friend" for "John Doe")
- Split first and last name of your contacts (saying "John" will display all corresponding entries of your address book)
- Set the navigation mode (voice, manual taps or timer)
- Activate Proximity Sensing for better recognition results in noisy environments
- Shake the iPhone to try again
- Activate vibration so that you know when to start speaking
- Import bookmarks from your Mac or PC (click here for more information).